Summer is here and there are a few small, inexpensive weekend projects that can spruce up the look of your home and potentially increase its overall value.
"The smallest changes can make a huge difference, and people are usually surprised at how changing a faucet or doorknob can alter the overall look of a room," said Mark Wallace of Spectrum Brands.
Here are five things you can do around your home this weekend to increase its value:
1. Fresh coat of paint -- One of the easiest and most common weekend renovations is re-painting. A fresh coat of paint can go a long way, especially in high-traffic rooms that are usually seen by visitors, such as the entrance way, living room and kitchen. Be sure to pick colours that are reflective of your personality but aren't so trendy that you'll be sick of them within a few months.
2. Spruce up your doors -- If you're looking to alter the overall look and style of your home, changing doorknobs is a quick, easy and relatively inexpensive way to do so. Whether you are looking for sleek and modern or ornate and traditional, choosing the right doorknobs can further help to reflect your personality on your home décor. Knob and lever sets come in a variety of unique styles and with multiple finishes to choose from, you will surely find one that complements your taste.
3. Revive your kitchen cupboards -- Changing your kitchen cupboards can be an expensive and daunting task, but by simply changing the hardware, you can give your kitchen a fresh new look.
4. Pamper your bathroom -- When doing your upgrades, don't forget about your bathroom. You can transform the space just by changing the faucets and showerheads. Fixtures come in a variety of styles and finishes that complement your already existing bathroom décor.
You can even go the extra mile by changing the hardware on your vanity to accompany the style.
5. New floors -- Laying new flooring used to be dreaded by many and could take up to a week to complete, but now, with an array of new flooring products, you can install a floor from start to finish in a weekend. Putting in new floors can drastically change the look of a room and definitely increases its value.
Unleash your inner handyman and try out one of these five tips this weekend!
Content courtesy of http://www.torontosun.com
The FIELDING TEAM
Your #1 Source For Real Estate!
For all your real estate needs, call The Fielding Team at 905-842-7000 or visit our website at: http://www.thefieldingteam.com
REAL EXPERIENCE, REAL COMMITMENT, REAL ESTATE