Summer has officially arrived and with the hot and sultry days upon us, its finally time to switch that thermostat from ‘heat’ to ‘cool’!
"Before you turn on your air conditioner, however, there are a couple of things you should do" advises Tom Lesnick of Tom Lesnick Home Inspections:
- Turn on the power at least 24 hours before you actually turn on the air conditioning unit. This gives the built-in heating element time to boil out the refrigerant from the oil.
- Make sure the compressor unit (the one outside) is level.
- Clear any leaves and debris from the outside unit.
- Close the damper from the humidifier to the furnace
- Check the furnace filter and make sure its clean.
Taking these few simple steps can ensure that your air conditioner works at optimal capacity during those hot, sticky summer days when you need it most!
Content courtesy of Tom Lesnick Home Inspections: http://www.tomelesnickhomeinspections.com
The FIELDING TEAM
Your #1 Source For Real Estate!
For all your real estate needs, call The Fielding Team at 905-842-7000 or visit our website at: http://www.thefieldingteam.com
REAL EXPERIENCE, REAL COMMITMENT, REAL ESTATE