What: Oakville’s Canada Day
Where: Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park, Oakville ON.
When: Tuesday, July 1st, 2014
Time: 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Join us for this FREE all-day family festival celebrating how proud we are to be Canadian!
This annual Oakville tradition welcomes upwards of 50,000 people celebrating by end of day in Bronte’s gorgeous Heritage Waterfront Park.
Activities will Include:
- Niagara Inflatables bouncies and fun for kids
- K-Tel Mini Pop Kids performance
- Canada Day themed Monster Mural courtesy of RBC
- Musical performances all day on two
- Bronte Harbour Stage: 11:30 a.m. until the big bang!
- Cogeco Community Stage: 12:00-6:00 p.m. (featuring local talent and community performances)
- Beer and Food Garden
- Bronte Road Food Court featuring local restaurants and food vendors
- Vendor Village featuring the work of local artisans and products from Bronte Merchants
- Many other surprises…
But Make sure not to miss the Main Event… The Big Bang!
- Fireworks and Live Simulcast on 95.3 Fresh FM! There will be a spectacular fireworks display at dusk off Bronte pier. Be sure to tune into 95.3 Fresh FM for the full fireworks experience, as our fireworks will be set off to an amazing music remix!
DRIVING DIRECTINS TO OAKVILLE'S CANADA DAY EVENT
East or West: Take Queen Elizabeth Highway to
Oakville exit Highway 25 South/Bronte Rd. south to Lakeshore Rd. W.
Bronte Rd. is CLOSED from Marine Drive South for the event,
and CLOSED at Lakeshore beginning at 4pm. The event takes
place on Bronte Rd. south of Marine Dr. and in Heritage Waterfront Park at the
foot of Bronte Rd. and Ontario Street.
FREE SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE
The FREE Canada Day Shuttle Bus will be running again this year from 11:00am to 12:00 midnight from the Burloak RioCAN Centre to Bronte Village (Pick up and drop off at Burloak RioCAN is near Home Outfitters).
*The last shuttle bus departing RioCan will be at 9:15pm
*Town of Oakville
Transit will be operating on a holiday schedule. Please check schedule for full details.
RIDE YOUR BICYCLE
Want to take
advantage of the summer weather? Ride your bike to the event and lock it up in
the FREE Bike Corral, sponsored by Willson International.
SPECIAL EVENT ROAD CLOSURES ARE IN EFFECT
- Bronte Rd. will be CLOSED from 6AM to 11:30PM south of Marine Drive to Ontario St.
- Bronte Rd. will be CLOSED at 4:00pm at Lakeshore Rd. W.
- access to Bronte Rd. will be granted only to residents with designated parking passes
- If you are expecting visitors, please tell them to arrive and park before 4pm in your visitor spots or at a legal parking space
- Alternatively, they may park at the RioCan Centre at Wyecroft Rd. and Burloak and take the FREE SHUTTLE BUS to and from Bronte Village
- Nelson, Jones and East streets will be closed south of Marine Drive from 6:00am until 11:00pm (local access permitted)
Sponsors: Oakville’s Canada Day is presented by the over 200 business merchants of the Bronte Village Business Improvement Area, with support from Heritage Canada, Amica Mature Lifestyles, the Town of Oakville, Cogeco, Fernbrook Homes, Lexus of Oakville, Willson International, TeeZone Oakville, Tim Hortons, and 95.3 Fresh FM.
For more information, visit http://brontevillage.net/canada-day/
The FIELDING TEAM
Your #1 Source For Real Estate!
For all your real estate needs, call The Fielding Team at 905-338-9000 or visit our website at: http://www.thefieldingteam.com
REAL EXPERIENCE, REAL COMMITMENT, REAL ESTATE