Oakville celebrates Youth Week, May 1-7, 2013 with free events!
With the first week of May fast approaching, the town is gearing up to celebrate National Youth Week from May 1 to 7, 2013 with free “youth-centric” events and activities at locations throughout Oakville.
“Youth Week shines a spotlight on tomorrow’s leaders and recognizes the important contributions that they already make in our community,” Oakville Mayor Rob Burton said. “It’s also a fun opportunity for youth to meet new friends, build connections, showcase their talents, and express their ideas.”
This year is extra exciting as an iPad will be given away to one lucky winner! Youth are encouraged to pick up a Youth Week “passport to awesome” at Town of Oakville recreation facilities. To be eligible for the draw, youth must use the passport to collect a minimum of five stamps by attending Oakville’s Youth Week events including:
- Wednesday - Open houses at all youth centres for youth and parents.
- Thursday - Outdoor activities at your local youth centre.
- Friday - Discovery Night at Iroquois Ridge Community Centre includes a beach party in the pool with a dj, youth lounge, dodge ball, hip hop, hula hoops, caricature artist and more. For youth 12-16.
- Saturday - Dance at the QEPCCC youth centre for grades 6-10 and open mic in the Black Box for ages 16-19, 7-10 p.m.
- Sunday - Youth Marketplace and BBQ at QEPCCC, 1-4 p.m. The Youth Marketplace will be your opportunity to showcase your talent (hobby, dancing, unplugged artist, etc.). Application forms available soon!
- Monday - Skateboarding instruction at IRCC and Shell Park, 4-6 p.m.
- Tuesday - Closing ceremonies/ wrap party at your local youth centre, 4-8 p.m.
Grab a Youth Week passport for a chance to win an iPad
Every youth who participates will be given a Discovery Passport for the week. Collect a minimum of five stamps by attending our Youth Week events for your chance to win an iPad! Assistance with transportation is available, via your local youth centre, to attend these events.
Free Oakville Transit tickets are available for youth at any youth centre in Oakville to get to and from events. For additional events details and location information, visit the youth services page.
Content courtesy of the Town of Oakville website at http://www.oakville.com
Your #1 Source for Real Estate!For all your real estate needs, call The Fielding Team at 905-338-9000 or visit our website at: http://www.thefieldingteam.com/
REAL EXPERIENCE, REAL COMMITMENT, REAL ESTATE