considering home improvements—or even just adding a few extra touches to
freshen up the place—don’t rush the process. Plan first and remodel with
valued amenities instead.
You don’t want to pay for impractical or expensive home improvements that could be long out of style when you finally decide to hang a “For Sale” sign in the yard. Instead, look for smart, traditional and fashionable upgrades to provide value and aesthetic beauty for years to come.
While you’re looking for upgrades, consider these following tips to remodel with valued amenities:
- Spacious kitchens with lots of light make cooking a pleasure, not a chore.
- Light-colored kitchens can create an illusion of a bigger space.
- Adding a skylight is another way of creating a spacious feel.
- Multiple storage shelves/cabinets and an extra sink will reduce counter clutter.
- Built-in microwaves/dishwashers, six-burner ranges and convection ovens are great for utility and convenience.
- An island range
with bar stools can promote an inviting, social atmosphere.
- Two-bath homes, plus a master bathroom, are optimal.
- Many homebuyers see high-end appliances, like whirlpools, Jacuzzis, steam and jet showers, double showerheads and hand-held sprayers as essentials rather than luxury items.
- Large storage cabinets, freestanding or built-in, are great.
- Avoid all-white bathrooms—splashes of color are what you see today.
- Bigger is
better. Tiny bathrooms are out.
flooring is one of the most popular modern-day home amenities increasing resale
value, so keep hardwood floors in top shape by refinishing them. As an
alternative, laminate flooring is typically cheaper than hardwood and a good
upgrade from carpet. This is a way to remodel with valued amenities
without spending a fortune.
ceiling fans should be those featuring a remote control instead of just a wall
switch, allowing you to change speeds without getting up or requiring a stool.
High-end Home Amenities
- Specialty rooms like media rooms, wine cellars, workout rooms and children’s playrooms can boost resale value and personalize a home.
- Outdoor fireplaces, patio heaters, electronic insect control devices, decks and fountains are popular.
- Outdoor kitchens can boost resale value.
- If you live in a
hot climate, an in-ground
swimming pool can increase your home’s value. However, buyers in more
seasonal climates may see pools as an inconvenience. Ask a REALTOR® to see
whether pools are popular in your area.
Additional Research Tips
- Read home magazines for cutting-edge information and ideas on how to wisely remodel with valued amenities.
- Attend home improvement shows.
- Consult with home designers, building contractors and handymen. Ask a REALTOR® for trusted references.
Content courtesy of http://www.realtor.com
The FIELDING TEAM
Your #1 Source For Real Estate!
For all your real estate needs, call The Fielding Team at 905-338-9000 or visit our website at: http://www.thefieldingteam.com
REAL EXPERIENCE, REAL COMMITMENT, REAL ESTATE