Welcome autumn into your home with these seasonal centrepiece ideas.
The leaves change to rich colours, markets fill with fresh produce and the holiday season kicks off. So much inspiration can be found in the fall for entertaining and decorating, so bring the colours and coziness straight to your table with these centrepiece ideas.
The key to a perfect centrepiece is to stick to an idea that makes sense for the event. If you’re throwing a child's birthday party, choose pieces that are fun and playful. If you’re hosting family for dinner, decorate with a more sophisticated style.
Tip: Holidays aren’t the only reason to create a beautiful centrepiece. Gather friends and family at your home for dinners on a regular basis and experiment with new recipes.
Choose the Linens
Tablecloths, placemats and napkins are the basis for any table decor. Table linens are like your blank canvas — the remaining décor follows its lead.
- Table runners anchor the centrepiece and its ornaments
- Add texture to the table décor by having a runner or tablecloth like burlap or linen
Use Fall Flowers
The best place to start for any occasion is a floral centrepiece. The trick to having a beautiful fall bouquet is choosing flowers that are in season. Flowers create your entire colour scheme for the table-scape.
- Shop your local florist, flower market or grocery store and choose what’s new for fall.
- Gather colourful fallen leaves, acorns and pinecones to scatter on the table to accent the fresh flowers.
Nothing Welcomes Fall Like Pumpkins
Pumpkins are beautiful on their own or when grouped with a few different sizes into a cluster. Spread them down a table runner with candles in between for a romantic look.
Celebrate the Harvest
Arrange any fall produce in bowls, cornucopias or platters to build a centrepiece.
- Let a few pieces of your best produce overflow onto the table for a rustic look
- Paint acorns and pinecones to mix in with the produce and complete the fall-themed look
- Set a classic vase at the centre of the table as an easy and elegant option that anchors the centrepiece
Tip: Featuring the meal on serving platters and pretty dishes is both simple and practical, and it makes for a delicious fall centrepiece by itself.
Tip: Fall has an underlying theme of family, so don't forget the personal touches like photos, heirlooms or little trinkets in any centrepiece.
Content courtesy of http://www.pgeveryday.ca
The FIELDING TEAM
Your #1 Source For Real Estate!
For all your real estate needs, call The Fielding Team at 905-338-9000 or visit our website at: http://www.thefieldingteam.com
REAL EXPERIENCE, REAL COMMITMENT, REAL ESTATE